With the number of COVID cases in NZ rising to more than 100, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has announced a three day lockdown while the situation is monitored and more testing is done.
People living in Auckland are being asked to work from home where possible and children should be kept home from school. However, supermarkets and petrol stations will remain open.
Level 3 (Auckland) regulations:
- stay at home and work remotely if possible
- schools and childcare are open only to children of essential workers
- gatherings are limited to 10 people
- travel restrictions apply, with a border restricting travel in and out of Auckland
- public venues such as playgrounds and swimming pools are closed
Level 2 (rest of NZ) regulations:
- no change to school or work
- gatherings are limited to 100 people
- travel into Auckland is restricted
If you have any questions on how this might affect you or people you care about, contact our support team at any time. We're here for you, 24/7.