Under the enhanced follow-up strategy for travellers returning from overseas, those who leave hotel quarantine are required to have an additional test on day 16. On Sunday, NSW Health advised that an individual who undertook this test, has returned a positive result, even though they displayed no symptoms and returned negative results during their quarantine.
As a result, NSW Health is advising the following:
Close contacts – Get tested immediately and self-isolate for 14 days
You are considered a close contact if you've been at the following venues during the dates and times listed. You must get tested immediately, even if you have no symptoms. Even if you get a negative test you must stay in isolation for 14 days.
- Headlands Hotel, Austinmer from 1pm to 3pm on Tuesday, February 2, 2021
- Bulli Beach Cafe, Bulli from 1.30pm to 4pm on Saturday, Feb 6, 2021
Casual contacts – Get tested immediately and self-isolate until you get a negative result
You are considered a casual contact if you've been at the following venues during the dates and times listed. You must get tested immediately, even if you have no symptoms. You must self-isolate until you get a negative result.
- Mootch & Me, 313 Bay St, Brighton Le Sands — Tuesday, February 2, 10:54am-12:00pm
- Optus, 17 Flinders St, North Wollongong — Thursday, February 4, 1:00pm-1:15pm
- Officeworks, 145 Princes Highway, Fairy Meadow — Thursday, February 4, 3:45pm-4:05pm and Friday, February 5, 2:10pm -3:00pm
In addition, if you have attended the following venues you are urged to monitor your symptoms:
- Woolworths, 5-9 Molloy St, Bulli — Wednesday, February 3, 9:50am and 10:50am
- Corrimal Memorial Park, Wilga St, Corrimal — Wednesday, February 3, 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Thirroul Beach — Wednesday, February 3, 3:00pm-4:30pm
- Sublime Point Walking Track, 661 Princes Highway, Madden Plains — Thursday, February 4, 8:30am-10am
- Figtree Grove Shopping Centre, in particular Australia Post, Kmart, Blooms The Chemist, Subway; 19 Princes Highway, Figtree — Thursday, February 4, 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Fedora Pasta Factory, 10 Daisy St, Fairy Meadow — Friday, February 5, 3:30pm-3:35pm
To stay informed of all current alerts from NSW Health, visit their website here.
If you have any questions about what this means for you, contact our support team at any time. We're here for you, 24/7.