The Sonder team is here to support you with any acute situations you might be in and help navigate all the resources available to find what's best for you for your mental health journey.
We are lucky to have an abundance of free mental health support and resources available in Australia and New Zealand available to access. We've included a list below that we recommend depending on your personal situation.
- Health Direct - 1800 022 222 - find a General Practitioner (GP)
- Beyondblue - 1300 22 4636 & Online Chat. Nation-wide depression, suicide, anxiety disorders and other related mental illnesses support.
- Kids helpline - 1800 55 1800 & Web Chat - Under 25’s, parent & teachers advice and counselling.
- Relationship Helpline - 1800 050 321 - Families, Relationship breakdown, parents counselling.
- Mensline Australia - 1300 78 99 78 - National 24-hour telephone support, information and referral service for men with family and relationship concerns.
- Butterfly Helpline - 1800 334 673 - Online chat support for eating disorders and body image issues.
- GriefLine - 1300 845 745 - Hotline and Online chat for struggling with grief or trauma after a death.
- Carer Gateway - 1800 422 737 - Advice and support for members out of work, or seeking a job.
- Q-Life - 1800 184 527 -National counselling and referral service for LGBTI people.
- Red Nose - 1300 308 307 - 24/7 Hotline for members struggling with Grief after a family or friends death.
- Panda - 1300 726 306 - Post and Pre-Natal depression/anxiety.
- Blue Knot - 1300 657 380 - Counselling for Childhood trauma.
- Gambling Help - 1800 858 858 - 24/7 Counselling and online chat for members struggling with gambling concerns.
- Open Arms - 1800 011 046 - 24/7 Counselling and support for Veterans, Family and Current Serving ADF
- Drug and Alcohol Counselling
NSW - 1800 250 015
QLD - 1800 177 833
VIC - 1800 888 236
SA - 1300 13 1340
WA - 1800 198 024
ACT - 5124 9977
- Lifeline - 0800 543 354 (0800 LIFELINE) - Lifeline Aotearoa’s helpline and textline provides 24/7, confidential support from qualified counsellors and trained volunteers.
- 1737 - Need to talk? free call or text 1737 anytime or free call 0800 1737 1737 (if calling through a switchboard) & request connection to crisis team in the local area.
- Anxiety NZ - 0800 269 4389 - 24/7 Anxiety support Hotline.
- Samaritans - 0800 726 666 - Confidential, Mental health support.
- Depression Helpline - 0800 111 757 or free text 4202 - When we are anxious or depressed it can change the way we think, feel and act. Dealing with the tough times can be hard but you’re not alone. Take a small step by getting ideas or support on how to take care of yourself and others.
- Grief Centre - (64 9) 418 1457 - Business hours support for struggling with Grief.
- 0800 KIDSLINE - 0800 54 37 54 - We are New Zealand's only 24/7 helpline for children and young people, run by specially trained youth volunteers.
- Youthline - Free call 0800 376 633 | Free text 234 - Need Someone to Talk to Privately? Call Our Free Helpline for Support. Sometimes you just a need a shoulder to lean on. Talk privately on what is bothering you. Free Call. Free Text. Our Centres all around NZ.
- Eating Disorders NZ - 0800 2 EDANZ or (09) 5222679 - Eating Disorder support hotline and resources.
- Careers - 0800 601 301- Business Hours, NZ GOV advice and guidance for finding or changing jobs.
- Drug and Alcohol NZ - 0800 787 797 - 24/7 Or free text 8681 for support and advice
- Gambling Support - 0800 654 655, 24/7 or text 8006 for Debt and Gambling support
- Perinatal Mental Health - List of Resources
PlunketLine - 0800 933 922 - Parent helpline and advice service.
Birthright - 0800 457 146 - Business hours, resources and support for Single Parent families.
Bellyfull - 0508 2355938 - Free meal deliveries for struggling families who may require support.
We understand that it can feel overwhelming to know where to start, so that's where the team at Sonder comes in. We are here not only to provide help in times of need but to also help you navigate your way to find the ongoing support that is right for you.
Whether it's a question you have or you need support by your side, click the button below to chat to a member of the Sonder team.
All content on Sonder's Help Centre is created and published for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Always seek the guidance of a qualified health professional. Our nurses are available 24/7 to help you find the care you need.